A Few Things You Can Do With a Facebook Page
- People can "fan" your page. A mini version of your logo will show up on their profiles. You can't "friend" people with your page, but people can "fan" your page.
- Send "Updates" to your fans to tell them when you have a new product, special coupon codes, or anything else you think of.
- Add applications to make your page interactive and interesting to look at. Not all applications are available for pages yet. A developer for a specific application needs to make a version for a Page.
- And lots more.
Ready to make one? Ok. You'll need a little bit of time to be creative and you'll need a special logo.
- Click here, or if you are logged into Facebook, scroll to the very bottom of your screen.
- In the footer links, look for the link that says Advertising. Click it.
- You may be presented with two options. On the right, where it says "Facebook Pages," look a little beneath it and click "+ Create Facebook Page".
- It will now ask you demographic information. Fill this out, and type in the name of your Facebook Page. Choose wisely, because you can't change it.
- Proceed as prompted!
- Next steps will be adding different applications to the page to jazz it up a bit. For starters, I love Big Photo and Profile HTML.
- To activate your page, you will need to "Publish" it. There will be a link to prompt you to do this.
- In the future, to manage it, a link called "Ads and Pages" will always be on the left, as shown below. Follow these same directions to create one of those Facebook social ads. To manage, you will click this link to access both areas.
To get some fans, you might want to share it with your friends. On the side of your page, after you publish it, you will see a "Share with friends" link. Click it, and then you will need to type in your friends. If this link is not here, look for a + sign that is just below this list. At this moment, Facebook does not have an option where you are presented with a list of your friends that you can select. That would be much easier, of course. For now, you have to type them in. Facebook will complete the name as you type.
That should be it! You are ready to make a Page in Facebook. Good luck!
PS: If you need help making a special logo for your Facebook page, it is a new service of Katie James Pixelated! Contact us for details.
PPS: I have written several more articles on enhancing your Facebook page, such as, how to make a page more interactive with your fans. Click here to see all Facebook related posts.
PPPS: If you want to fan my page, here it is: ;) http://www.facebook.com/pages/Katie-James/15996316102